The purpose of the IPMA Family website is to capture viable community practices, experiment and improve collaboration and co-creation among members, non-members and not-yet members of the project management community, our Member Associations, and other constituencies. The site aims to serve as a map to valuable knowledge in »social« and »business networks« wherever they are found — Linkedin, Google, Facebook, Twitter, youTube, etc.) Audiences: Project Management researchers and practitioners. Stakeholders. Benefit: Cutting fragmentation generally associated with »social networking«. Locating, experimenting, refining and disseminating good practices.
IPMA Professional Virtual Community (IPMA PVC) represents the combination of a professional and virtual community. The virtual community provides environments for professionals to develop and share a wide range of mutual interests including aspects of the International Competence Baseline of the PM profession, professional values, ethical issues and behavior. Virtual communities present related social systems of networks of individuals, who use modern information and telecommunication technologies to develop and maintain their relationships.
IPMA PVC is an association of “individuals” explicitly pursuing professional objectives identified by specific constituencies holding common interests. It aims at generating value and knowledge through members’ interaction, sharing and collaboration.
IPMA’s professional virtual community, named “IPMA Family”, is a manifestation of IPMA’s collaborative networks which are related to IPMA’s formal and informal organization. This platform is part of IPMA PVC and is designed to support virtual collaborative activities on development of IPMA Festival of Knowledge and related initiatives and outputs.
Current Initiatives on the IPMA Family
The links below require log-in to the locations mentioned; members of IPMA Member Associations are welcomed and encouraged to participate in these initiatives.
- All the Regular Social Networking Tools: Registrations, profiles, discussions, photos, documents, blogs, links, welcomes to newcomers, assistance with groups, etc.
- Ongoing mapping and cross referencing of frequently-used networks where IPMA members interact (e.g., Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, youTube, etc., etc.)
- All-IPMA Searches. Conduct highly specialized Google searches restricted to selected and approved IPMA websites.
- Daily scans/alerts and RSS reports of »project management« in each IPMA Member Association, as well as groups such as Young Crew, world congresses, PE excellence, PM tools, member corporations, etc. and any other topics capable of serving various IPMA constituencies.
- Phone Exchanges and Tutorials for Member Associations, in an attempt to economize on travel and face-to-face meetings where they are not absolutely essential — meetings that could benefit from occurring more frequently and with less effort. See prototype work with “Talk Australia” on the link above.
- Publicity of IPMA activities with options for feedback.
- Personalized organizational tools for each member. Examples: My Groups, My RSVP’d Meetings, My Forum Contributions, My photo, My Resume. See IPMA Family website homepage for additional functionalities.