This section lists events that are of interest to IPMA Member Associations, our members and our friends. Events that meet our guidelines may be featured on the front page of our website, in addition to appearing in this Events section.
Please download our template, with instructions for posting events. The template supports two types of postings: Summary entries, as shown below in the Events Summary, and extended entries for Featured Events. Email your event information to us in the template, then watch for your posting!
In the Events table below, click on a column to sort in that sequence. IPMA official Global or Regional events have the nation in bold. Events offered by IPMA friends have the nation italicized.
- Conference – Tuesday 16 & Wednesday 17 June
- Workshops – Monday 15 & Thursday 18 June
Adress: Armourer’s Hall, Moorgate, EC2R 5BJ
- Sir John Bourn First EVA keynote returns 20 years later.
- Improving Major Projects – Sir Tim Laurence, Major Projects Association
- Growing Project Capability & Capacity inmGovernment Projects – Tim Banfield, Major Projects Authority
- Constructing the Future – Alistair Kirk, HS2
- A History of Project Management in 15 Years – Stephen Carver, Cranfield University
- The other Earned Value – Dr. Peter Morris, UCL
- Organisation. Culture. Diversity. OCD in ProjectmManagement – Louise Hardy, Skanska
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome: Shake off the doubts & be a project leader – Elizabeth Harrin Deaf Tips. Powerful Communication – Bruno Kahne, Airbus
- Project Ethics – A critical path for Professional Development – Dr. Haukur Jonasson & Dr. Helgi Ingasson, Reykavik University, Iceland
- Say Yes to the Mess. Coping with change, complexity and conflict – The Agile Jazz Band
More informations: http://evaintheuk.org/
Topic One: Five Golden Keys to Innovation and Development Through Projects
Topic Two: Deepen the reform to change the mode of enterprise management and project management
Topic Three: “The public record space” oriented project management mode
Topic Four: The first year of Mobile Internet, project management expedites cross-border achievements
Topic Five: The new trend of international project management: Financial Industrial Alliance
Topic Six: Management by project, improving enterprise change and innovation
Topic Seven: In times of change, rapid way to promote the ability of project management talent
Topic Eight: Innovation and project management
Topic Nine: Project management and enterprise culture
High level dialogue: In the age of the Internet, the transformation of thinking for project managers and an occupation development path.
For the full agenda, including Day Two…
For more information…
Megaprojects are extremely large-scale investment projects that typically cost more than EUR 0.5 billion. Megaprojects are united by their extreme complexity, both in technical and human terms (EU COST). Total global megaproject spending is arround 20% of the total global gross domestic product (GDP) – they have purpose to make “mega” change.
The IPMA recognizes the importance of megaprojects in delivering society’s needs and the complex challenges that they present in project delivery. IPMA is a Federation 57 Member Associations (Mas) and represents the world’s first project management association and it is the leading authority on competent project, programme and portfolio management. The MAs develop project management competences in their geographic areas of influence, interacting with thousands of practitioners and developing relationships with corporations, government agencies, universities and colleges, as well as training organizations and consulting companies. Many of these MAs have a Special Interest Group (SIG). Activities of the SIGs are performed on a national basis, networking happens only with personal or corporate members of a specific country. More and more corporate members act cross-country and therefore are interested in an international exchange.
There will be invited speakers and speakers from different areas of megaprojects. It is expected to welcome: Reinhard Wagner, IPMA President; Mary Mckinlay, Vice President of IPMA; Jesus Martinez Almela, Vice President of IPMA; Ghassan Aouad, President of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and many others.
Read more informations
If you want to join the 2015 IPMA Summit of megaprojects SIGs or have questions, please send a mail to Sandra Mišić, not later than August 15th . E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +385 98 99 22 449
You are invited to join us for the second National Women in Project Management (WiPM) Conference, “Driving the Future”, sponsored by BAE Systems and organised by the Association for Project Management.
Date: Thursday 24th September 2015
The agenda is full of stimulating talks and interactive debate designed to facilitate knowledge-sharing and fresh insights for attendees. Delegates will leave the conference armed with new ideas for progressing their own careers and personal development but also bursting with enthusiasm to promote the profession and encourage a new generation of project managers.
This exceptional event offers:
• High-profile keynote speakers
• An interactive debate examining the importance of women to the economy
• An opportunity to showcase your own projects in poster format
• A choice of practical sessions led by prominent project management professionals
• Targeted networking opportunities
• A variety of CPD activities
• A luxury high tea to close the day.
• Opportunity to purchase books from Gower Books at a discount.
• Reinforce the importance of women in project management
• Highlight the importance of women’s contribution to the economy through practical examples
• Provide opportunities for delegates to hear from leading professionals and to be inspired to drive the future in their own careers.
• Provide perspectives on what to ask of employers improve project delivery
• Provide food for thought for delegates to help them drive their own objectives and achieve their career goals
More informations here
As Chair of the National Organising Committee for the Conference, I would like to, on behalf of the AIPM Board, and the TAS Chapter, extend a warm invitation to you and your family to visit this wonderful State of Tasmania for what will be an exceptional celebration of Project Management and a terrific opportunity to holiday in one of the best destinations in the world.
The 2015 Conference is to be held at the Wrest Point Convention Centre, situated on Hobart’s magnificent waterfront, and the starting point for delegates to explore and enjoy the many dining and tourism opportunities from Sandy Bay to Sullivans Cove.
Why not take a week after the Conference to travel the State and take advantage of the spectacular scenery, vineyards, tourist ventures, and wilderness tours to enjoy a memorable end to what is planned to be a Conference that will be remembered.
Take advantage now of the early bird registration offer to join us in Hobart, and watch out for upcoming announcements regarding keynote speakers and submission of papers.
More details: National 2015 Conference
TAS Chapter President
Chair of the National Organising Committee
2015 AIPM National Conference
The PM Forum 2015 will be taking place under the motto “Project Management opens up new horizons. Thinking ahead. Going Further” from 27th to 28th October 2015 in Nuremberg. This year’s conference program consists of eleven streams and represents the diversity of the world of Project Management. The following eleven topic streams have been announced:
- A career as a Project Manager – How far is it to the horizon?
- Becoming more competitive: PM in small and medium-sized enterprises
- Future trends in PM – The Next Generation
- New horizons through Strategic Project Management/Portfolio Management
- Stress reduction – Health Management in Projects
- Resource Management, the cursed prince?
- Communication: Reaching new horizons with a motivated team
- Lean PM and reducing complexity: Creating values without waste – “Get more with less”
- Social competence: Lived values for living projects
- Agile thinking – Impetuses and pathways to achieve greater agility
- Interactivity. Beyond the horizon the journey continues (interactive stream)
Recognising excellence in the profession for over 20 years, the APM Awards is known for being the most glamorous and prestigious night in the project management calendar.
Winners of the industry’s highly-coveted trophy demonstrate the invaluable contribution project management and project professionals make in all sectors of society, with finalists and winners attracting national publicity and a deserved career boost as a result, both at business and at individual level.
The ceremony will be taking place at the spectacular setting of London Hilton on Park Lane on Monday 2nd November 2015.
Please visit our website for full event details: apm.org.uk/Awards
The events below are completed. Thank you for your participation!
Attend IPMA’s third conference on Project management with the title “Project Management: challenges and best practices” in Algiers on 23 May 2015.
It is organised with the support of the Algerian Project Management Association in creation and Advantage, a local event agency. It will take place at ESHRA, the prestigious Hotel School in Algiers that recently opened a modern 15 hectares campus near the beach and has a collaboration with Ecole Hôtelière et de Restauration de Lausanne (Switzerland).
- The target audience of the conference are mangers/project managers from the private and public sector, research, education and training organisation from Algeria
- Learn more about IPMA’s third conference on project management and share your experience. To register contact Samira Baba Aissa at email@example.com
- The conference and workshop are free
A fireworks of impulses for project professionals – aiming jointly for the next level.
The main theme of the NORDNET 2015 Symposium in Copenhagen is how project management creates value – and even more value for the project process.
By doing this you promote the value generation from the project. This demands good leadership behaviour combined with skilful application of methods and experiences.
The symposium is organized by the Danish IPMA Association, in cooperation with the associations in Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
The event is not yet posted on the IPMA-Denmark website. To be informed on the final programme of NORDNET 2015, please send your request to NORDNET2015@IPMA.dk
The main theme of the NORDNET 2015 Symposium in Copenhagen is how project management creates value – and even more value for the project process. By doing this you promote the value generation from the project. This demands good leader ship behavior combined with skilful application of methods and experiences.
The symposium is organised by the Danish IPMA Association, in cooperation with the associations in Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
In general, a complete stream of the symposia programme will be in English:
The programme includes five plenary time slots which will feature keynote addresses in English. During the Symposium, four rounds of five parallel half-day seminars will take place – each round with minimum one seminar in English.
21st Century Projects; 13 – 15 May in Bratislava, Slovakia
How is the 21st century project management developing?
Come and let yourself to get inspired by the success stories of others.
International Conference on Project Management for cca 250 participants shall focus on:
- Management of large scale projects
- Management of civil engineering projects
- Projects of the 21st century
- Technologies and innovations in project management
- Education and development of project managers
This event takes place in Slovakia on the occasion of 20 years since the foundation of the Project management association of Slovakia.
CALL FOR PAPERS has been issued. If you wish to share your experience and knowledge on project management, please fill in the annotation using the template on our website. We prefer papers on your practice, research news, as well as innovative approaches and solutions.
– Submission of the application and the annotation by December 15th, 2014
– Selection results notification by January 15th, 2015
– Final papers submission by April 15th, 2015
For more and updated information see http://www.21centuryprojects.eu.
The 4th Project Management Conference is held to reflect the efforts made by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques that aim at implementing approved projects within development plans in order to benefit from such projects in achieving prosperity for citizens. KSA is one of the biggest countries that allocate government spending to development and infrastructure projects.
The speech delivered by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to engineers during the last conference had a great impact on all stakeholders in both public and private sectors as it encouraged them to constantly pursue the best practices and solutions and overcome any organizational or legal issues to attain the optimal management of development projects.
The development renaissance the KSA is witnessing today has produced hundreds of giant projects in all development sectors. This calls for ensuring that these projects are duly implemented as planned and in a way that fulfills the expectations of the wise leadership of this generous country, and accordingly achieves the goals these projects have been approved for to better serve the country and citizens.
Based on the above, the Saudi Council of Engineers, department of Project Management has the honor to organize the 4th session of the Saudi Project Management Conference under the title: Towards A Professional Project Management Which comes in line with the Mission of the Council of assisting national action and supporting development efforts to help attaining development sectors aims and building national potentials and expertise that can properly manage the national development process.
Check more informations, program, and speakers
IPMA Young Crew announces that the first International Project Management Championship for students will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania, 23rd – 24th April, 2015.
National Project Management Championships have already been a successful local event for many Young Crews in different countries, gaining ever increasing attention and recognition amongst the student audience. IPMC is the next logical step for these local championships and Young Crews to come together, organizing a brand new event of an international scale.
This will be a great opportunity for winners of National Project Management Championships to compete against each other and find out, who are the best young project managers internationally. The final assessment – a project management simulation provided by PM Catalyst – will be a whole day task for the teams to show their best performance and knowledge in project management.
It is expected, that Young Crews from at least six countries will send their national winners to the International Championship in Vilnius, Lithuania.
IPMC is a part of larger local event – Lithuanian Project Management Association`s conference PM Spring.
IPMC is organized by IPMA and IPMA Young Crew. Action learning partner – PM Catalyst.
More information is available here: http://pmchampionships.com/ipmc-2015/
Attend IPMA’s first workshop in Morocco on Project management as a catalyst for successful change, 02 April 2015 in Casablanca This workshop is organised by FGS (Family Group Services), local consultancy in collaboration and with the support of SMAP (Société de Management de Projet), France and IPMA.
- The target audience are managers/project managers from the private and public sector, research, education and training organisations from Morocco and the region
- Lean more on the project management as a catalyst for successful change and share your experience -To register contact FGS Mr. Bourachdi under firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the training and become the 1st Nordic Project Excellence Award Assessor.
-Train yourself for the PE Award and have a privilege to conduct an assessment and a visit of the projects submitted for the IPMA Project Excellence Award
-Exchange knowledge and experiences with other project managers and project experts
-Learn how to use the IPMA Project Excellence Model for the continuous improvement of your business
To register please fill in the application form.
Download the invitation brochure.
Find out more about Project Excellence Award: www.ipma.ch/awards or contact the Award Office: email@example.com
Myth Busting – dispelling the myths to improve project delivery success.
Sponsored by 20|20 Business Insight, the APM Project Management Conference will expose the great myths that cloud both the perception of the profession and the delivery of successful projects, programmes and portfolios, by testing existing practices and uncovering new ways to manage your projects.
Bringing together speakers from within the profession and thought leaders from outside to address what we have always thought, but never said; how project management as it is written is rarely project management as it really is.
Taking place in London on 19th March, the APM Conference 2015 will be a great opportunity for you to:
- Network with the most senior figures in the profession
- Hear from 14 influential speakers who will be sharing their thought leadership whilst dispelling some of the myths in project management –will they change your opinion in some of these?
- Staying up to date with the latest techniques for successful project delivery
- Opening: Award-winning writer and “Bad Science” columnist for The Guardian: Dr Ben Goldacre.
- Closing: Inspiring former Commonwealth Games champion, columnist for The Times and award-winning sports journalist Matthew Syed
Book by 23rd January 2015 and save up to £189.
For full event and booking details, visit our website: apm.org.uk/Conference
The IPMA Advanced Courses offer you seven unique opportunities for expanding your project and programme management competencies.
Download course brochure in PDF, or register now!
Tehran is hosting the first Organisational Competence Baseline (OCB) training course in the Middle East. After having the first international PEM (Project Excellence Model) training course in the Middle East in Tehran-Iran in 2013, once again IPMA intends to expand, inform and train its active network and the ambassadors for its new released leading product, OCB, with the assessment tool of Delta.
The course will be instructed by Mr. R. Wagner, president of IPMA and IPMA’s OCB Project Manager along with Mr. E. Mansson, the Chairman of Award Management Board. We are arranging this outstanding occasion together with some side attractions for those who want to participate and explore one of the biggest capitals in the world in the country with more than 5000 years of heritage.
Advantages of attending this course:
- Familiarity with an international leading model/tool to assess Project oriented organizations: Companies’ Board of Directors (BOD) often have concerns whether with their current organizational set up, their vision can be achieved. This assessment tool helps them to align theses together. It’s also a great tool for holdings (entities with subsidiary companies), since their usual challenge is whether their subsidiaries are aligned to the strategies of the parent company or not?
- To become a Certified National Delta Assessor for your Member Association (MA).
- One can act as International Assessor if their Member Association (MA) is asked to assess a foreign company
- Familiarity with the new released competency baseline from IPMA (released Oct. 2013) especially for instructors in Project Management industry in particular IPMA products (e.g.: ICB, PEM)
- Organization’s internal quality auditors can find brilliant improvement solutions/alignment techniques for auditing purposes.
For more information please download course brochure and contact firstname.lastname@example.org